Modern Sugar flowers – Online Sugarcraft Class
This modern sugar flower class aims to teach you the fundamentals of creating modern sugar flowers, taught by Award Winning Cake Designer Carol Smith. If you are a beginner or simply wish to perfect your flower skills, this class is for you. Our class is approximately two hours (it may run over) for two evenings. It will be an online live video via a private Facebook group.
What will you learn
- Make two delicate roses as well as rose buds
- How to make smaller buds and filler flowers
- How to colour florist paste with edible dust and paste colours
- Get a good understanding of the tools you’ll need to use to create your Modern sugar flowers
- How to use edible dust and create lifelike rose leaves
- Shown how to use flower and leaf veiners
- How to wire the flowers/buds and tape them together ready to attach to your cakes.
- You will be shown how to attach single as well as sugar flower sprays to your cakes as well as the best way to pack for transporting.
This is only for modern sugar flowers and not the cake included in the picture.
We’ll provide you with a list of the equipment and materials you’ll need for creating those gorgeous sugar flowers.
You will be given lots of hints, tips and information that will enable you to use your new skills for lots of other sugar flowers and projects in the future.
There will be a chance to ask Carol questions during the live and you can post any question in the private group.
How it works
Once the class has been purchased, you’ll be invited to join a private Facebook group.
PLEASE NOTE: It may take up to 24 hours for me to respond.
This is a live tutorial demonstration and not a ‘work along’ with me. The video will remain in the group for you to go back and watch as many times as you wish.
It is a relaxed and friendly set up and is open world wide.
The class is taught in English.
You will be able to share your results, comment on posts, and also ask questions in the group.
What if I miss the live online class?
You can still purchase the class after the live has taken place.
The video/demonstration is not to be shared or downloaded. It is strictly only for viewing in the private group.
Please read our Terms & Conditions regarding classes.
If you would like to see what other Sugarcraft classes we offer please click HERE